First Things First - Part 2
September 17, 2017 Speaker: Ken Ramey
Topic: Love Passage: Revelation 2:1–2:7
First Thing First - Part 2
THEME: We use the expression “first things first” when we are talking about something that should be done or dealt with before anything else because it is the most important. The most important thing for the Christian is loving Jesus. But every honest Christian knows we don't always love Jesus the way we should. The world's distractions and the allurements of Satan and the sheer busyness of life tend to dampen our devotion to Christ. At times, the fervor or fire in our hearts dies down and needs to be rekindled. If that describes youyr heart, don't be discouraged. Here are some practical things you can do to fan that flickering flame into a blazing inferno of love for Christ.
1. BE ABSOLUTELY HONEST ABOUT YOUR LOVE FOR JESUS.
2. SPEND TIME WITH JESUS IN THE WORD AND PRAYER.
3. HANG AROUND PEOPLE WHO LOVE JESUS.
4. HATE EVERYTHING THAT COMPETES WITH YOUR LOVE FOR JESUS.
5. SHOW JESUS HOW MUCH YOU LOVE HIM BY YOUR OBEDIENCE.
6. TELL OTHERS ABOUT JESUS.
7. LONG FOR JESUS TO COME BACK.
8. REMEMBER HOW MUCH JESUS LOVES YOU.
Meditate on Christ's amazing love for a wretched, hell-deserving sinner like you. Ask Him to give you a passion for Him that is initiated and inspired by His passion for you (cf. 1 John 4:10, 19). Pray that obeying Him and telling others about Him would not be a duty but a delight. Tell Him how much you miss Him and that you can't wait to see Him when He comes back.